Cardinal Court offers a number of accessible and adaptable apartments constructed to meet the needs of students with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to their student housing. Accessible units are equipped with roll-in showers, accessible controls on appliances, and a variety of other accessible features aimed to address the unique needs of the resident.
Adaptable units, in contrast, have the ability to be modified to reasonably accommodate the resident’s needs without possessing all of the accessible features of a fully accessible unit.
If you would like to live in Cardinal Court and will need a special accommodation, please contact Disability Concerns at (309) 438-5853 (voice) or (309) 438-8620 (TTY).
Several units in the complex are accessible. The following is a list of characteristics that make Accessible Units different from Standard Units.
• Height of top cabinets is slightly lower and cabinets can be removed to provide access for wheelchair users.
• Cabinets are shallower than in non-accessible apartments.
• Number of cabinets is fewer by about 1/3 that of non-accessible apartments.
• Countertops are slightly lower in accordance with ADA requirements.
• Less countertop space.
• Includes stove with front-facing controls, ceramic stovetop, and self-cleaning oven.
• Nine of the accessible apartments also have a bathroom with a roll-in shower. Bathrooms with roll-in showers include: drain in both the shower stall and middle of the floor, handheld showerhead, and removable cabinet under sink.
|Accessible apartments with roll in shower||Room # shower is in/by|
|Accessible apartments without roll in shower (include all other accessible features)|